Public health officials announced 53 new COVID-19 cases today; however, nine cases were removed due to data corrections, bringing the new-net number to 44.
Of today’s new cases,
- One case is in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 10 cases are in the Interlake-Eastern Health region
- Zero cases are in the Northern Health region
- 11 cases are in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
- 31 cases are in the Winnipeg Health region
Dauphin has four active cases of the virus.
The numbers of active cases in other Parkland health districts are:
Riding Mountain (3), Swan River (0), Duck Mountain (0), Porcupine Mountain (12), Agassiz Mountain (33), Asessippi (0), Little Saskatchewan (3), Whitemud (0). Brandon has nine active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 40 active cases. The Fisher/Peguis district has 96 active cases.
The current five-day positivity rate is four percent provincially and 3.8 percent in Winnipeg. 1,548 laboratory tests were completed yesterday.
There are 981 active COVID-19 cases in the province.
48 Manitobans are hospitalized with COVID-19, including:
- Nine Manitobans in intensive care units with active COVID-19
- Two Manitobans in intensive care units outside of the province
72.6% of those 12 and over in Dauphin are at least partially vaccinated.