Public health officials announced 294 new COVID-19 cases, and fives deaths in Manitoba today.
Of today’s new cases,
• 23 are in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 23 are in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 32 are in the Northern health region
• 53 are in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
• 163 are in the Winnipeg health region
There are 37 active cases in Dauphin compared with 38 active cases yesterday.
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at the Dauphin Regional Health Centre medicine unit. The facility has been moved to the Critical level on the RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The number of active cases in other Parkland health districts are:
Riding Mountain (3), Swan River (2), Duck Mountain (0), Porcupine Mountain (48), Agassiz Mountain (50), Asessippi (10), Little Saskatchewan (8), Whitemud (6). Brandon has 42 active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 88 active cases. The Fisher/Peguis district has 22 active cases.
The current five-day positivity rate is 11.2 percent provincially and 11.2 percent in Winnipeg. 2,225 laboratory tests were completed yesterday.
There are 3,437 active COVID-19 cases in the province.
311 Manitobans are hospitalized with COVID-19 including:
- 37 Manitobans in intensive care units with active COVID-19
- 26 Manitobans in intensive care units outside of the province
68.8 percent of adults in Dauphin are at least partially vaccinated.