Public health officials announced 223 new COVID-19 cases, and two deaths in Manitoba today.
Of today’s new cases,
• 14 are in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 20 are in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 27 are in the Northern health region
• 36 are in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
• 126 are in the Winnipeg health region
There are 38 active cases in Dauphin compared with 42 active cases yesterday.
The outbreak at the Dauphin Regional Health Centre, surgery unit, has been declared over.
The number of active cases in other Parkland health districts are:
Riding Mountain (4), Swan River (1), Duck Mountain (1), Porcupine Mountain (47), Agassiz Mountain (50), Asessippi (11), Little Saskatchewan (9), Whitemud (4). Brandon has 36 active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 84 active cases. The Fisher/Peguis district has 17 active cases.
The current five-day positivity rate is 10.6 percent provincially and 11 percent in Winnipeg. 2,267 laboratory tests were completed yesterday.
There are 3,490 active COVID-19 cases in the province.
306 Manitobans are hospitalized with COVID-19 including:
- 45 Manitobans in intensive care units with active COVID-19
- 30 Manitobans in intensive care units outside of the province
68.8 percent of adults in Dauphin are at least partially vaccinated.
Second dose vaccine eligibility has been expanded to Manitobans who received the vaccine on or before May 6th.