Public health officials announced 251 new COVID-19 cases, and six deaths in Manitoba today.
Of today’s new cases,
• 17 are in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 16 are in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 41 are in the Northern health region
• 35 are in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
• 142 are in the Winnipeg health region
There are five new cases in Dauphin and three new recoveries for a total of 42 active cases.
The number of active cases in other Parkland health districts are:
Riding Mountain (4), Swan River (1), Duck Mountain (1), Porcupine Mountain (49), Agassiz Mountain (49), Asessippi (10), Little Saskatchewan (9), Whitemud (5). Brandon has 40 active cases.
In the Interlake, the Eriksdale/Ashern health district has 87 active cases. The Fisher/Peguis district has 15 active cases.
The current five-day positivity rate is 11.1 percent provincially and 11.6 percent in Winnipeg. 2,593 laboratory tests were completed yesterday.
There are 3,600 active COVID-19 cases in the province.
316 Manitobans are hospitalized with COVID-19 including:
- 48 Manitobans in intensive care units with active COVID-19
- 30 Manitobans in intensive care units outside of the province
68.7 percent of adults in Dauphin are at least partially vaccinated.